From Carol Todd
RECIPE - Honeysuckle Vine
ALUM - GREENISH-YELLOW
COPPER - YELLOW-GREEN
TIN - YELLOW
CHROME - BRASSY YELLOW-GREEN
ALUM - EXCELLENT (Color changed to tan during testing.)
COPPER - EXCELLENT
TIN - EXCELLENT (Color darkened during testing.)
CHROME - EXCELLENT
1 1/2 lbs. trimmings, some flowers, gathered 5/24/98
3/4 oz. mordanted wool
Water to cover
1) Put honeysuckle trimmings in pot. Cover with water.
2) Bring to a boil (1 hour), then simmer 30 minutes more.
3) Cool a few hours.
4) Add presoaked yarn to dyepot and soak overnight.
5) Raise temperature to boiling for 1/2 hour, then simmer 40 minutes longer.
6) Cool overnight in dyepot.
8) Dry in shade.
Back to Dyeplant of the Month page.